22 September 2008

the casita list



As Richard and I count down the days till we fly south for our third annual stay at Las Brisas, I'm mentally preparing which books to take.

I think I'll be able to finish "The Cellist of Sarajevo" before we go, and I've already read the other book group's selection for October (see box right). So in addition to all the silly fashion and women's magazines that I'll buy at the airport, I'll have a chance to catch up on my "Want to Read" list.

But I need a good mix of serious and light. Here's the list I'm working from. If you would nix any of these, or put them at the top of the list, lemme know.

Fiction:
Heartburn by Nora Ephron
Unless by Carol Shields
Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

Nonfiction:
Nerds: Who They Are and Why We Need More by David Anderegg
In Justice: Inside the Scandal that Rocked the Bush Administration by David Iglesias

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading?? Nice program Anne!
I'd bring lots of credit cards to pay for the gallons of pina coladas I'd drink...
--dq