17 July 2009

it's the chemicals, man


So, I think I have a cyst in my neck. For the past 6 weeks, I've felt like there's a piece of food stuck in my throat. My mom has had cysts in her neck and they've always been benign, so I'm not worried. But I decided to have it checked out. My doc did a blood/thyroid test, which came back negative, so she ordered a CT scan.

And this morning was the scan. Now, I know people, including my dear husband, who have had MRIs, and those tests sound scary to me because your whole body goes in and you're told not to move.

But only my head and neck went in the CT and the nurse was so nice, so I wasn't scared.

However, the absolute weirdest thing was, right before the nurse gave me an injection (with some sort of solution that would show contrast between my blood vessels and something else), she said it would give me the sensation of needing to pee.

Sure enough, within 20 seconds of getting the injection, I thought I was going to pee the bed I was lying on! It was absolutely surreal. I'm feeling the wonders of science and chemicals today!

No comments: